Friday, January 29, 2010

Distance means so little.

February fifth will be two months.

Two months.

Sometimes there are moments that are painted on your heart forever. There are those seconds, minutes, hours that seem like they are forever a part of who you are. You cringe when your mind plays them back over and over again.. but you know you will forever be rewinding them from now on.

9:15 AM, December 5, 2009.

I woke up in a really, really nervous state of mind. Tri Hi Y day has arrived: A day full of nail appointments, hair appointments and primping. I got on facebook for a second to check something, only to see alot of statuses saying "Rest in Peace, Kelsey". My heart sunk. I frantically searched through them to find a last name, but I just knew. I finally found it and I started screaming for my mom. I stopped breathing for a second. Mom ran in and I somehow found the words to tell her. I cried. I cried until my stomach was hurting and my body was tired. My whole world was different. A part of me was gone. I'd lost a friend who had been my little sissy since age 9. Things were different. The sun shined different. Songs sounded different.

Two months. When it seems like five minutes ago.

Don't get me wrong- I miss my little. I miss her smile, her voice and her sweet heart.
But, I am praising God regardless. Why?

Kelsey knew my Savior. Now she gets to hang out with him any time she'd like.
She gets to sit and His feet and run her mouth for hours if she wants.
She is skipping down the streets of gold.
She can layout in the sun forever if she pleases.

While I'd like to be able to run up and hug her and giggle with her, she is talking to the Creator of the Universe. Which is so, so much better than any person down here!

Kelso, as far as I'm concerned, "Distance means so little when someone means so much"
See you again one day sissy! Can't wait.

No comments: