Sunday, May 6, 2012

Smitten.

Today, I am simply compelled to tell you how GOOD, FAITHFUL, and WONDERFUL my sweet Savior is. He is everlasting. He is sweet. His love is JUICY, tender, warm, filling. His heart is overflowing with His love for His children. He is fascinating. He is GREAT. He is.. enough. He's enough.

It is so easy for me to depend on someone too much. I sometimes find myself looking to others for complete affirmation. For approval. Sometimes I just need to be reminded that I am loved. Cared for. Enough. Looking to others is a big, fat dead-end street. Approval from others means NOTHING in light of God's approval and desire for me. HIS love for me outshines anyone elses'. His love is crazy huge, crazy big, crazy wonderful. Even when I stumble and fall, He doesn't let me stay down for long.

Praise GOD that He is always, always lifting me from the pits that I fall or climb down into. When I am rolling around in the nasty, stinky muck and mire, He grabs me up, wraps me in His arms, and whispers, "You are enough. You are worthy. You are mine." (Isaiah 43:1)

So, this is what my heart is pumping out in this moment. I am DESPERATELY smitten with Jesus. Desperately in love with my Maker. He is good. ALWAYS, always, always enough.

No comments: