Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Excited.

I'm excited.

If you've ever met me, you'd know that I am a typically very excited girl. I get excited about just about anything. Sometimes I get to the point where I want to jump around, dance a happy dance and scream to the top of my lungs. Excitement just has a way of doing that to me. Sometimes I get so excited that I have tears in my eyes. Sometimes I babble on and on about what I am excited about. I can't help it. Sometimes I find myself searching for words and having no luck. Maybe that is what's going on in this very moment in my life. I'm a crazy big mess of happiness and joy. Yes, both.

I am quickly approaching my freshman year of college. I am spending minutes, hours and days with the people I care about the most. I am growing in relationships that I never saw coming. I am seeing my grandfather, a strong man of God, turn eighty years old and still chasing after His will. I am experiencing the feeling of true thankfulness. But, that isn't what I'm truly excited about.

I am finding true joy in the fact that I am finally following Christ with everything I am. I am surrendering (scary). I am being obedient (even scarier!). I am spending ample time in prayer with my Creator. I am praying about taking a major step out of my comfort zone next summer. I am diving in to the Word, and for the first time, clinging to it's unmatchable strength and truth. I am finding God at work in my town. In my youthgroup. In my church. I am seeing the light of Christ beaming out of children, middle school friends and my bestfriends. I am sometimes dancing around, sometimes screaming at the top of my lungs and sometimes finding a tear in my eye.

This is joy. This is it. It's like Christmas morning- every moment. Yes, there is pain. There is sorrow. There is death. But there is also a King. A savior. A comforter.

And, if you ask me.. how could you NOT get excited about what He is doing?!

No comments: