Tuesday, June 29, 2010

"It never hurt one's eyesight to look on the brightside of things"

Complaining is the easy way out.

Now, don't get me wrong. I've chosen to take the easy way out many, many times. I would refuse to see the brightside, even if it was shining right in front of my face. I would dance around the obvious and dwell in the darkness. But, let's be honest- the brightside takes more effort to find, and more courage to look towards.

A few days ago, I realized that the brightside is more worth my while. And your's.

A friend of mine has been diagnosed with cancer. She's undergoing treatment and blogging her way through it. I ask you to pray for her through her journey she's just beginning. She is beautiful and so, so strong. When I ask her, "How are you doing?" she replies, "I'm doing good!"

...And there's the brightside. She's found her's. While we're busy wallowing in our shortcomings and disappointments, the happy side of things is just a glance away. Which direction are you going to look?

1 comment:

A Wedding Story said...

Wow, I am so sorry to hear about your friend. I will be praying for healing!