Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Happy girls are the prettiest girls..

Sometimes, even the happiest girls get a little down in the dumps. We can be soaring high one minute- enjoying the sunshine of the day and dancing around basking in it's warmth.. but then, boom. You hear something, see something or feel something that brings you down a few notches. Suddenly, you are still the happy girl.. but your smile is fading just a little.

While some girls would sit and be content with their sad mood, some girls prefer to snap out of it. I have never been able to stay in a "bad mood" for long. Wanna know how I return back to smiling and giggling? Here are the key ways to smile again.. even brighter!

1) Get in touch with your best girlfriend. Spill your guts to her.. and then really listen to what she says. Don't go looking to be soothed, agreed with or "babied". Be open to her opinion and her advice. I mean, she knows you best, right?

2) Turn on a song that truly makes you want to dance. For me it's "Do You Believe in Magic" by the Lovin' Spoonful. Dance around until you have a smile on your face!

3) Go to your nearest Coldstone Creamery. Order a "Like it" (we don't want to overdo it, do we?) of your favorite treat. And.. don't feel bad about the calories! Just think.. the calories are free when they count towards your smile!

4) Two words: Retail Therapy. Don't act like you don't know this term! We all have those places we go that we can shop for hours. Where are my happy places? Target and TJ Maxx. Even when I know I won't buy a thing.. walking around looking at pretty things makes me feel better.

5) Get in the sunshine! There is no better feeling than soaking up a little (or a lot!) of sun. Put on that pretty bikini and grab a good book. What do I suggest? The Queen of Babble Series by Meg Cabot. Or the Confessions of a Shopaholic Series by Sophie Kinsella. Both are just precious.

6) And finally.. last but NOT least, spend some time with your Maker! Lay out your feelings in front of Him, and let Him be the first to catch every tear!


You keep track of all my sorrows.
You have collected all my tears in your bottle.
You have recorded each one in your book.
Psalm 56:8



Keep your chin up, happy girl! Dance around.. giggle with your bestfriend.. get a little sunkissed! And remember, "Happy Girls are the Prettiest girls" It has to be true, AUDREY said it!

xoxoxo

2 comments:

College Belle said...

Loved this! I think you read my mind that I was in need of a good pick me up!

Megan said...

We have the exact same list of things to do to get over bad moods. (: