Friday, February 12, 2010

Cry.

It's that moment right before you go to sleep at night. It's the first thing that pops into your mind when your eyes are first opened in the morning. The thought that crawls into your heart every day when you least expect it, as well as the thought that you know will be on your mind all day. It's the memory you turn to when things get darkest.. it's the thought that your mind flashes back to when you are full of joy and unmeasured happiness. It's what your heart yearns for. What your heart chases. What your heart desires.

The cry of your heart. It's what makes your heart race, your smile widen and what makes you, you. It's the thought that is impossible to erase from your heart.

What is the cry of your heart?

Let's see. What are some things that have been the cry of my heart?
"I really want to date him"
"I need an A on this test. I need scholarships. SO badly."
"I'm not good enough. I wish I was good enough"
"I wish I was prettier. Like her"

And.. let's be honest. Those cries are totally not meant to take over my heart. Or your's. At all.

What is the cry of my heart today?

"And the cry of my heart is to bring You praise. From the inside-out, oh my soul, cries out, Lord"

I wake up every morning at decide what is to be the cry of my heart.
It's a daily decision that has to be made-
whether you consiously make it, or whether your heart makes it for you.

Who is the only person worthy to be a part of the cry of your heart? Your Savior. Your King. Your Creator. Your Reedemer. Your Beloved. Your Maker. Your Prince.

So, let your heart cry out.

No comments: