Monday, April 20, 2009

on a hill overlooking the ocean..

I spent this past week with my youthgroup at a little beach in NC. I built friendships, restored relationships & uncovered TONS of new truth about my Heavenly Father. The next few blogs for the next few weeks will be geared towards what He showed me.. but I want to start with this. I hope you feel God around you when you read this.

Titus 1:15 To the pure, all things are pure, but to those who are corrupted and do not believe, nothing is pure. In fact, both their minds and consciences are corrupted. 16 They claim to know God, but by their actions they deny him. They are detestable, disobedient and unfit for doing anything good.

I listened to these verses & was slapped in the face. I couldn't get them off of my heart. The next morning, I sat up on a hill overlooking the ocean & I was in awe of God. I flipped to this passage and my heart was broken. God pretty much said.. if you aren't completely pure in your heart & in your faith, then you are SICKENING TO ME. I cannot use you.

I prayed for God to take my heart and mold it. I prayed for Him to hold me in His arms. I sobbed to Him. I apologized to Him just as fast as I could form the words to say. & you know what? He comforted me. He reminded me of His beautiful grace.. and dared me to fall into it. I fell.. and my heart & eyes were opened.

How are you living? Are your thoughts completely pure & of God? Are your actions reflecting the Father that made you? He can't use you until you stop denying your identity- which happens to be in Him.

No comments: