Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Just a few things on my heart.. Here we go!

So, to be honest, I'm not a big fan of Tuesdays. I can handle Mondays- but Tuesdays.. they always get me. I found myself today stressed out, exhausted, worried & a little snippy. But.. God.. being Himself, decided to show me Himself anyway... Even though I wasn't exactly giving him every second of my day.

I've talked about this alot lately, but PMD has become a big part of my life. I'm starting to love each of the kids, and they teach me something every day. Today, I was assigned to work with Charlie. I had never worked with him, so I was a little nervous. We started out with Discovery Nature cards.. and he got every single question right. We proceeded to do about 4 more jobs, without him missing a single question. At the end, he looked into my eyes and smiled. Not just a little smirk, but a huge, beautiful and comforting smile. It made me realize.. wow. I am sitting here making this day about me.. and LOOK what God is putting in front of me!

Then, I was taking my little brother to Basketball, and the song 'Every Man' started playing. He said..."Lauren! Do you know what this song is about? It is about how God sent his son Jesus to die on the Cross. I learned that in Sunday School!!!!"

Okay.
I was so terribly filled with joy when he said that. He recently gave his heart to the Lord.. and he is a little guy who is learning more and more everyday about his Creator! God is so amazing..isn't he?

I'm just saying..
God really knows how to speak to you when you least expect it.

Look for Him.

No comments: