Saturday, January 17, 2009

My Heart.

My heart. Quite the fragile thing. I suppose that sounds a little cliche, but trust me- fragile would be the best word for it.

This past week- we began a new semester. A new semester is so promising.. a clean slate and a fresh start. I was full of excitement to be starting some new classes. Anatomy, PMD Helper, Algebra II and Spanish II are on my plate this spring. All of the classes seemed to be the usual, no nerves for those.. Except for one class. PMD Helper. I was nervous about that class. I've heard great things about it, but I honestly didn't know if I could handle it. I didn't know what to expect.. I worried.

As soon as I walked in the room, I felt at ease. I saw the kids and my heart warmed up right away! I have realized that God really gave me a heart for children. I realized that a few years ago.. but God took it to another level. He gave me a heart not only for normal children, but for disabled ones even more. Terrence really grabbed a hold of my heart on Friday. He gets very nervous because we are new, and he cries every once in a while. Finally, on Friday, I smiled a HUGE smile to him.. and he returned a smile to me, and started to laugh. My heart melted. I left that class on top of the world, full of joy. God really knows how to make my heart smile.. and he puts the most SPECIAL people in my path!

Open your heart and your eyes to God today. He takes your nervousness and worry away, replacing it with joy and happiness that is AMAZING to experience!'

Plus, he does this thing where He takes your heart, puts it in his hand, and protects it.. which makes me feel on top of the world!

xoxo, the girl in the FIERCE sundress

No comments: